publication date: Nov 19, 2014
author/source: Debra Woods
Information and tools to help manage your life as a Seminary teacher, students, your classroom, lesson preparation and presentation.
"In the field of education, we have established the seminary and institute program wherever the Church has gone. It is touching for good the lives of students across the world." (Gordon B. Hinckley, This Great Millennial Year, Ensign, Nov. 2000, 67-68).
Choose from these areas:
Managing the physical space where you teach; e.g. Charts, Bulletin Boards, Security
Object ideas, year-long planning, lesson plan development and more
- Devotional Ideas - Setting the correct spiritual tone.
- General Seminary Prep
- Organizing Materials - Ideas on filing and storing seminary instructional material
- Summer Preparation - Making the most of the summer months. General ideas that apply to any curriculum year.
- Themes - Focusing your seminary year on a theme or topic
- Time Management - How to NOT spend hours and hours preparing lessons, interfering with all of the other things teachers who are parents and/or work must do.
Special programs such as General Conference, holidays, birthdays, special occasions or activities